Once used chiefly as a blogging platform, WordPress is now just about the most popular website publishing and content management tools on the internet. According to Tech Crunch, about 22 out of every 100 new active domains in the U.S. run WordPress. What’s more, one of the most popular publishers in the world uses WordPress.
Here are 7 things you should know about WordPress:
- WordPress offers dynamic page generation. This means no more reconstructing all your pages every time you update your website! Updating your site’s content and design is simple and fast, and the required server storage space usage is nominal.
- You can obtain a free website at WordPress.com with subdomains. This can be a great way to reduce costs if you don’t mind .wordpress.org at the end of your domain.
- WordPress also provides what they call their ‘famous 5-minute install’, which makes it easy to install WordPress if you already have a domain and a hosting service. What’s more, no coding expertise required.
- If you do own your own domain there are a few minimum requirements to run WordPress. You have to be sure you have the correct and compliant versions of PHP and MySQL. This will ensure that you can receive reliable WordPress support as required.
- To make your site look nice, there is an wide-ranging selection of templates, called “themes”, available online. Some are free, while others are not. Regardless, using these it is possible to easily and quickly tailor your site the way you like.
- WordPress has centralized management. Making managing your pages, posts, as well as your users simple with WordPress.
- WordPress encourages e-commerce. There’s an abundance of plugins that have already been designed that allow you to accept payments, advertise, and more on your website. The easy plugin search keeps these options at your fingertips.